You're in the right place if you're looking for help on:
- Frames are not syncing up, want better playback quality
- Connection test error
- Sort order does not match
- Not receiving email notifications
Frames are not syncing up. I want better playback quality.
By default, we sync the already encoded media from ShotGrid. To force re-encoding for better web playback, check the option re-encode videos. You can then use the encoding settings configured in the SyncSketch side (for more info, click here). Note: changed settings will only apply to newly uploaded/synced media. You must delete the individual items or the review and re-sync.
If you have a ShotGrid integration at the workspace level set up, head to Workspace Settings to turn on re-encoding.
If your project has its own ShotGrid configuration, head to Project Settings to turn on re-encoding.
When I test the connection, it says "Can't authenticate script user".
Here are the things to check to resolve a failure to connect to your ShotGrid instance:
- Check the URL. In most cases, the path is unnecessary and can cause connection problems. For example, https://shotgrid.game-studio.com/ will succeed where https://shotgrid.game-studio.com/page/project_overview?project_id=122 will not.
- Check the Script in ShotGrid. Make sure that the script appears in the Scripts page.
- Check the Script Name in SyncSketch. Make sure it exactly matches the Script Name in the Scripts list in ShotGrid, character for character. It should not be a person's name, an alias or an email.
- Try a new API Key. Here's how to generate a new Application Key:
- Under your Admin menu, go the Scripts page.
- Switch the Scripts page to the Detail View, if it isn't already.
- Select the script that you're syncing to SyncSketch.
- Go to the Script Info tab for your script, and click Change Key.
- Click Generate Key, then click Copy to Clipboard.
- After dismissing the dialog by clicking Save, return to SyncSketch,
- Clear the Secret Key field, then paste the new key into it and Test the connection again.
The sort order in SyncSketch does not match ShotGrid.
To ensure that the sort order between ShotGrid and SyncSketch match, use the ShotGrid field sg_sort_order for sorting. Please see here for more information on setting a sort order.
I'm not receiving email notifications.
Check the following items to ensure you are set up to receive emails from ShotGrid.
- "Generate Events" option is checked for your script user
- Account Settings -> Email Notifications -> "Email me whenever I receive a note" is checked for your user profile
If this article didn't help you, send us an email at email@example.com. We're happy to help.