You're in the right place if you're looking for help on:
- Frames are not syncing up, want better playback quality
- Connection test error
- Sort order does not match
- Project(s) not appearing in dropdown
- Not receiving email notifications
By default, we sync the already encoded media from ShotGrid. To force re-encoding for better web playback, check the option re-encode videos. You can then use the encoding settings configured in the SyncSketch side (for more info, click here). Note: changed settings will only apply to newly uploaded/synced media. You must delete the individual items or the review and re-sync.
If you have a ShotGrid integration at the workspace level set up, head to Workspace Settings to turn on re-encoding.
If your project has its own ShotGrid configuration, head to Project Settings to turn on re-encoding.
Here are the things to check to resolve a failure to connect to your ShotGrid instance:
- Check the URL. In most cases, the path is unnecessary and can cause connection problems. For example, https://shotgrid.game-studio.com/ will succeed where https://shotgrid.game-studio.com/page/project_overview?project_id=122 will not.
- Check the Script in ShotGrid. Make sure that the script appears in the Scripts page.
- Check the Script Name in SyncSketch. Make sure it exactly matches the Script Name in the Scripts list in ShotGrid, character for character. It should not be a person's name, an alias or an email.
- Try a new API Key. Here's how to generate a new Application Key:
- Under your Admin menu, go the Scripts page.
- Switch the Scripts page to the Detail View, if it isn't already.
- Select the script that you're syncing to SyncSketch.
- Go to the Script Info tab for your script, and click Change Key.
- Click Generate Key, then click Copy to Clipboard.
- After dismissing the dialog by clicking Save, return to SyncSketch,
- Clear the Secret Key field, then paste the new key into it and Test the connection again.
To ensure that the sort order between ShotGrid and SyncSketch match, use the ShotGrid field sg_sort_order for sorting. Please see here for more information on setting a sort order.
This can happen when your project's Status in ShotGrid does not match the Project Status Filter setting in the SyncSketch ShotGrid integration configuration.
Try any of the following:
- Clear the setting in this field in SyncSketch (disabling filtering). This should always resolve the problem, though it means that all workspace users may see extraneous projects in the dropdown.
- Set this field to include (or more exactly match) the value of the Status field for your project in ShotGrid.
- Set the Status field in your ShotGrid project to match one of the values included in this field.
Check the following items to ensure you are set up to receive emails from ShotGrid.
- "Generate Events" option is checked for your script user
- Account Settings -> Email Notifications -> "Email me whenever I receive a note" is checked for your user profile
If this article didn't help you, send us an email at email@example.com. We're happy to help.